A template DNA encoding a target protein needs to be prepared by customers.
For the template DNA, you need to consider following features.
- T7 promoter and ribosome binding site (Shine-Dalgarno sequence) are needed upstream of the gene of interest.
- All stop codons (amber (TAG), ocher (TAA) and opal (TGA)) are available.
- More than 10 nucleotides are necessary downstream of the stop codon.
- Both circular and linear DNA (such as PCR product or plasmid DNA digested by restriction enzyme) are available.
- T7 terminator is required downstream of the gene of interest for circular DNA.
- T7 terminator is not necessary for linear DNA.
We have further information about template DNA, please check our FAQ site.
“PUREfrex® is Registered in U.S. Patent and Trademark Office”